Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Story


This was previously posted on our website, but because it was hosted by an inaccessible provider, we have migrated away from it. We are pretty much just using our blog and Facebook now, but some people have asked about "our story", so here it is again for those of you that missed it.


Her Story


When I first met Carl, I was not overly impressed. I was new on the job, and wasn’t looking for a relationship. After my first husband died in a tragic tulip accident, I realized I needed to focus on myself and my son. One of the ways I chose to accomplish that goal was to start a new job where I could help others. Working in the nursing simulation lab was the perfect choice for me! I was able to bring my son to work with me everyday, and it was a healing opportunity for me as well to interact with other people and make a difference. Shortly after I started at the lab, I began to notice Carl. His unwavering, piercing gaze would fix on me, and to tell you the truth, it was a bit disconcerting at first. After I found out that he has a medical condition that prevents him from blinking though, I found his gaze to be more endearing. Slowly but surely, he helped me move on from my tragedy and embrace life again - I am almost over my fear of flowers now too. I think Carl's focused (and unblinking) outlook on life is one of his best features.


His Story


I was a die-hard bachelor before I met Stella. Me and the fellas always got together to play cards, and as the guys started to get married and have kids, … well it torqued me. Pretty soon they didn’t have time for our little soirĂ©es anymore, and I had too much alone time with myself. It was around then that I developed my medical condition too – but that is a different story. Back to Stella – the moment she walked through the lab door at work, I knew she was the one. I couldn’t take my eyes off her (and it had nothing to do with my condition either). Her long dark hair and gaunt complexion reminded me of an angel, and I wouldn’t be able to rest until she knew how much she meant to me. Stella and her son have completed my life – I frequently find that birds suddenly appear, every time, they are near. I believe that, just like me, they long to be, close to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment